This summer I'll be retracing the last 3 weeks of the Coast to Coast ride in 2002. I had a fantastic time in 2002 and expect the same this year as well. Below are daily collections of my experiences with photos. Hope you enjoy reading the blog. - Brian Cox

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Southern California is a great place to ride


By this time next week, I'll be in Michigan preparing to start the ride. But between now an then I'll still be putting in additional training miles.

One of my training rides took me past an industrial park in Duarte. One of my biking friends, Tom Estabrook told me about a car museum in the industrial park. Turns out that the museum is located in the corporate headquarters of the Justice Brothers Co. They make chemicals for cars and industrial uses. The brothers that founded the company were involved in post World War II racing scene and have a wonderful story (link).

The museum was filled with midget racing cars, motorcycles, dragsters and antique cars. below are some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment