This summer I'll be retracing the last 3 weeks of the Coast to Coast ride in 2002. I had a fantastic time in 2002 and expect the same this year as well. Below are daily collections of my experiences with photos. Hope you enjoy reading the blog. - Brian Cox

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tour de Starbucks

Last Friday Starbucks was having a promotion to introduce their new drink called "Refreshers". Between noon and 3PM they were handing out free drinks. On alternating Fridays I ride with the Ride On Cycling group in Monrovia. We completed the ride by 11AM and I continued on to a car museum that I had heard of, more of that stop in a later post.

By noontime I was about 12 miles from home with about 6 Starbucks between where I was and home. I decided to stop at each Starbucks and sample the new beverage. But by the fifth and stop, my stomach was sloshing with way too much of the stuff. Maybe it was the Green Coffee Extract, but I was pretty buzzed. Free or not, I decided to skip the final and sixth Starbucks and head home.


Brian




No comments:

Post a Comment