This summer I'll be retracing the last 3 weeks of the Coast to Coast ride in 2002. I had a fantastic time in 2002 and expect the same this year as well. Below are daily collections of my experiences with photos. Hope you enjoy reading the blog. - Brian Cox

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ya gotta remain flexable

The plane was late leaving LA. The problem was with the lavatory in the rear of the plane. I guess we must of departed almost 45 minutes late. By the time we touched down in Dallas, for my connecting flight to Grand Rapids, it was already boarding time for the connecting flight.

Sprinting down the terminal and jumping on to the tram to get me to the correct terminal I got to the plane just in time before the door closed. It would have been a miracle if my bags and bike made the connection. At the baggage claim I found that they did not.

The guess is that they will arrive on the 12:30 flight. I plan on picking them up there and then Cycle America will pick me up at the airport. I can only hope that it works out, it would be a bummer not to have my bike at the start of the ride. But as I've found out from previous trips, you gotta remain flexible!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment