This summer I'll be retracing the last 3 weeks of the Coast to Coast ride in 2002. I had a fantastic time in 2002 and expect the same this year as well. Below are daily collections of my experiences with photos. Hope you enjoy reading the blog. - Brian Cox

Monday, September 3, 2012

Final Ride Thoughts

Just a quick set of paragraphs to sum up what the three week adventure meant to me. I've figured out from previous rides, that it takes a while to let the experiences and memories for a while until I figure out what stood out from the trip.

I've now been home for two week, almost done unpacking and putting everything away. I received my bike, shipped Federal Express, last week and have ridden it several times already and will likely be riding it to work tomorrow.

I lost about 6 pounds in the three weeks that I was gone and lost a couple more since I returned home. I'm trying to cut my meal size back to human size again, and have eliminated the daily consumption of ice cream and beer.

I miss the daily routine of the ride and only wish that I could have somehow been able to enjoyed the ride a bit longer.

I had the chance to ride with some old friends and meet and ride with some new friends. I hope to be able to share more rides in the future with my biking buddies.

I returned to JPL to find that the glow of the very successful landing by Curiosity permeated the lab. With everyone following the preparations for the ground operations very closely. With the successful landing, we had visits by government officials including the Governor, Jerry Brown, and US Senator, Dianne Feinstein. The president also held a video conference call with the lab.

I've uploaded all photos for each day now, but take a moment view some of the photos and links to other riders on the panel to the right.


Happy Trails,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment